Thursday, June 2

Welcome to the Flavornation: Erbert and Gerbert's Sandwich Shop





Recently Elliot and I tried a new restaurant in town – Erbert and Gerbert’s Sandwich Shop. 



It is over near the Dekalb Farmer's market.  It is a chain that is mainly in the MN, WI area, and a few randomly sprinkled elsewhere.  It had an appealing outside and fun looking menu online.  More importantly my friend Amanda mentioned it on facebook and said they have a soda foundation with over 100 different soda options….aka the ultimate suicide (side note – I wonder why they call it that, and also now that I work in violence prevention, maybe that term is not appropriate…)

nyway, the sandwich shop was clean and well staffed.  You could tell the staff were all new and a little overwhelmed.  The sandwiches were good – the soda awesome.  I think Elliot mixed 15 sodas together!  I had the Cally – wich is Sweet Chili Vegetarian – the menu describes it as “sweet chili sauce, avocado, lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber, and provolone cheese.  One interesting tidbit is they scoop out some  of the sandwiches “guts” or extra bread --- no, no, it is not some crazy atkins thing – they are just trying to get the perfect balance of toppings and bread.  They give you the “guts”  and suggest you can eat them, dip them, or mold something out of them….interesting indeed.
Here is a pic of the guts, laying on top of the sandwich:

Overall – it was a good experience.  I won’t be rushing to go back necessarily, but am glad I went.

No comments: