Monday, May 30

Home Sweet Home

Elliot and I just got back from North Carolina for the world's shortest trip to see the parents.  We arrived Saturday for lunch and left Sunday before dinner.  As much as it was sad to not spend more time with both families, it was good in the fact that my plants did not all die from this crazy Georgia heat.  Most everything was looking good, minus my basil.

IMAG0131.jpg
This is my favorite little plant. The flowers pop up super quickly, and disappear just as quickly - it seems like everyday there is a new one!  They are different colors too!  Does anyone know what these are called?



My hydrangeas are finally blooming (all the others in my neighborhood starting blooming weeks ago) - so these are remedial.

I am in the process of making delicious iced tea with Lipton Green Tea.  To speed up the process and get this tea cold, I decided to make fruit ice cubes.  I simply took fresh mint leaves from my mint plant (which is taking over!) and mixed the leaves with frozen raspberries, poured in tea, and froze it in to a big ice cube.  So now my tea won't get watered down, and it will have delicious raspberries and mint in it! Hopefully it tastes good!







No comments: