Thursday, May 26

Cheeese!

So I have decided to start a blog - I was inspired by a few of my friends who have such fabulous blogs - just remember copying is the ultimate compliment!


--
I love cheese. Almost all cheeses - brie, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, cotija, cheese at Mexican restaurants, pepper jack, string cheese, etc...this list can go on forever (if you don’t believe me check out wikipedia’s list!).

Growing up as a vegetarian there were limited options of what I could eat and I quickly realized grilled cheese was a safe bet.  However, I have never liked them when the cheese was not properly melted (needs to be past gooey and headed toward sizzling).

A few places in Atlanta with good grilled cheese is Southern Sweets near the farmer’s market where you make your own combo - I do wheat bread, pepper jack cheese, pesto and tomato.  Lotta Frutta also has a great one.  My friend Laura mentioned Bacchanalia market has a grilled cheese with asparagus (could be interesting – but I better save up first!)

The other day Elliot and I made grilled cheeses with rosemary cheddar….talk about freakin delicious – I just died and went to heaven!  The cheese was made in oregon and quite delightful.  I bought it at the Dekalb farmer's market - pretty reasonable and definitly worth the calories.

Rogue Creamery Rosemary Touvelle Cheese



1 comment:

Sara said...

I LOVE CHEESE. Also, grilled cheese sandwiches, gourmet style. Mmmmm. As a vegetarian, are you okay with the rennet in most cheeses? It's not really vegetarian!!! Eep.