Wednesday, June 29

I scream for ice cream (and by scream I mean hoot and holler)


As you can tell from my previous blog posts - I love ice cream. All of it - the fro-yo stuff, soft serve, normal, anything cold and sweet!  So many places now days focus on all the healthy fro-yo stuff, which is great and dandy (much more great and dandy with do it yourself toppings!). Moreli’s www.morellisicecream.com/ ice cream is the real deal - old school ice cream and it is awesome.

Here are pics from there new location in edgewood:










This place is super well ranked in the US for awesome ice cream and fun unique flavors and they just opened a new location closer to my house (ut-oh!).

Here are a few flavors I have tried:
1) fig marscapone
2) honey rosemary
3) salted carmel (hollllly smokes that was good)
4) mint chocolate chip
5) coconut jalapeno
6) krispier kremier
7) almond coconut joy
Now, don’t go getting all excited and getting your hopes up for 1 particular flavor - they rotate and run out of a lot of the favorites.  This past week I tried coconut jalapeno and Elliot tried the mint chocolate chip. 


Thanks El for being the finger model to help show the sizes of the ice cream.


Make sure you sample the flavor first - the coconut jalapeno was delicious - although not for the faint of heart. I was literally hooting and hollerin in the store and clapping to control the heat in my mouth (and I am not joking). Oddly enough I finished the whole cup though.  You should know if you eat there, to get a super small size-  this ice cream is super filling and heavy.  I got a kid’s cup, and Elliot got a small.

3 comments:

MKrontiras said...

Can't wait to check this place out. The flavors sound unique and super yummy! And props to Elliot for using his finger for size comparison!

Sara said...

omg. i could totally handle the coconut jalapeno. i'm sure of it. i can't wait to go there!!!

Anonymous said...

What concerns me is......what is the size of an Elliot finger? As I would require that knowledge to determine what size ice cream to order.