Wednesday, June 8

King of Pops

Boy it is hot in Atlanta. pretty much sweltering. I went to Piedmont Park recently and got really sticky even though I was just leisurely walking. It was an intersting scene.  Here are some highlights slash thoughts:

1) 3 homeless men having a cookout that smelled delicious. 1 man was napping the other 2 cooking.  I wished I was having a cookout.
2) There are 25 bootcamps going on at Piedmont Park.  I wonder how people pick which one to join.  One was doing some pretty sweet self dense stuff - which is needed in this neck of the woods at times.  It does amaze me how much people pay (it is a lot) to be yelled at and work out in a public place in 90 degree weather with no equiptment.  To each his own!
3) Thank goodness for King of Pops, a trendy popsicle stand strategically located in parts of Atlanta where people will pay $2.50 for frozen sugar water.  Actually, I should give them more credit - they are delicious flavors. My favorite so far is the chocolate sea salt.  Tonight I tried Lemon Basil - very delicious, but sitll no chocolate sea salt.  I am a girl who likes a deal so I used my scoutmob and only paid a buck 25...woot woot! 


4) There are some beautiful dogs around the park.  2 golden retrievers had been shaved to strategically look like lions, they were tumbling around in the dog park and seriouslly looked like lions - and people pay thousands of dollars for a safari - just come to Piedmont Park.  I was not quick enough with the camera to get a photo, so I took this one instead. This dog is Boutros and his mom is Laura. Laura told me the type of dog 35 times, but I have already forgotten. 

1 comment:

LauraFChiang said...

Boutros is a viszla...or is it vizsla??? In terms of safari look-a-likes he is willing to take on the role of gazelle, tiger (if this is an Asian safari) or orangutan (also, for Asian safaris). You forgot to mention that the King of Pops salesman was leisurely reading Dostoyevsky.