Thursday, August 25

So many great gifts

So my birthday is coming up – woot woot! I got 4 early gifts so far:
1) A free beverage to starbucks – I need to still use it, I am thinking iced chai…oh the good ole days
2) A 50% off massage or facial from my gym, Exhale Spa (read previous posts to get caught up!)
3) A bi-weekly membership to a fruit and vegetable delivery service. This was a surprise gift from Elliot. I am pretty pumped about this one, mainly because it allows me to be lazy and not battle traffic and annoying people in the grocery store. My first delivery arrived earlier this week. Between Elliot and I, we have almost polished off the bananas (organic, mind you!). I love gifts that allow me to be lazy. What else can I outsource?

{First order}

4) This awesome map from my parents, where you use a coin and scratch off the countries you have visited.
5) A beer bottle opener that you screw in to the wall from Marlboro. I have no idea why Marlboro keeps sending me ads and coupons, and for my b-day they decided to send me a bottle opener. First let me start with a few facts about Gaya
a. I have never smoked a cigarette…Ever. I can’t even remember a time I have touched a cigarette (other than candy ones when I was a kid). Now I have picked up cigarette buds but that is when I have participated in a trash/litter pickup (I was in an environmental club in h.s.).
b. I have opened less than 5 beers in my life, maybe less. I have no need for a permanent bottle opener on my wall
c. Even if I did have a need for a permananet bottle opener, I am too lazy to install it (read comment above and fruit and veggies)
d. I am in public health…nuff said
e. I find the word Marlboro hard to pronounce, so even if I did smoke, I would not smoke these - I could not even order them at a grocery store!




Literally, Marlboro people – where are you buying people’s names from. You might need to rethink your marketing strategy….

Happy early early bday to me!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you, Gaya! You are a total riot! Happy early birthday to you!