Friday, August 5

Exhale

So a few months ago I joined this super posh gym in midtown, called Exhale. Unfortunately for me, I had a horrible softball injury (a sprained hand…right hand....mind you!) and was not able to use the membership for like a month while I healed and recovered (both emotionally and physically).  I know people who know me must be thinking “Gaya playing softball, that is weird” – they would be right, it was not a good fit at all.  The good news is that I am good now and back to the gym and off the field.
Top 10 reasons I love my gym:
1)      Cucumber water
2)      Trail mix  - the good kind
3)      Nice towels for you to use
4)      Very clean equipment
5)      Free easy parking
6)      The locker rooms have a sauna, hamman, fancy robes to use, and awesome rain showers with free razors, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash etc. (You know I love “free” stuff)
{Pic of the hammam = turkish bath}


7)      The classes are pretty awesome – although on the hard side. They have spinning, yoga (several types, including crazy crazy cirque de soleil type freak stuff), and these core classes, according to the website are “based on Lotte Berk Method fundamentals, Pilates, and 50 years of combined fitness expertise, to achieve a strong, athletic, flexible, and youthful body”
{Here is a pic of studio}


 {Here is their signature logo - a butt ---- uhhhh, hysterical, minus the fact my key chain scan card has this pic on it also - like I really want to look at this perfect butt, and then go work out....maybe it inspires some people - I just find it ridiculous right next to my Kroger discount card}


8)     The instructors learn your name
9)     People are fairly friendly. There is a funny mix of folks here though!
10)   They have a little boutique, where I bought hot diggity dog- a toy dog that you heat up in the microwave that smells like lavender and you wrap him around your neck.  I guess it is second best thing since Elliot is still anti-dog.
{Here is a pic of hot-diggity dog}


Ohhh and I love how there are these cool hammocks outside – nice place to recover and get some fresh air. 
In a future blog post I will tell you all about me becoming a yogi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exhale sounds like a nice little joint. Is it female centric? I wouldn't go so far as to say that the picture was a perfect butt. It twas a bit on the boney side, in my opinion. Just so you know, I told them not to use my profile butt pic. I'm not a piece of meat.
I really likes this blog, I've seen advertisments for Exhale and now I know what its about. Pretty kewl.

Sara said...

yay! our gym is so lovely... and even more lovely since you joined. i didn't know you bought the "hot diggety dog, but it sure does make me happy to think of you sitting on the couch with it. see you in spin (or core) soon. <3

Gaya said...

@Anonymous - the classes are def. more females to males (maybe 75/25) - and welcome to my blog
@Sara - yes, one of these days I need to join you for a super early class...I love hot diggity dog, it is delicious!!