Monday, August 1

Gaya's top 10 things I love in my phone

Top 10 favorite things in my phone (Droid Incredible):

1) I have this android app called push ups, it is pretty low tech, but it has you enter your goal of how many continuous push ups you want to do, and develops a plan to get you there. Then it gives you a series to do each day. My goal is to be able to do 50 continuous push ups - aka watch out - gaya's getting cut!

2) GPS on the phone - this is obvious, but I love it. Atlanta is crazy and there are always 100 ways to get somewhere, and this handy feature on my phone let's me check traffic.

3) Endomondo - is a running app - I used to love this one, then I started to get worried someone could see how slow I was running (some people's endomondo shows up on facebook).  I don't need all those random friends knowing it takes me forever to run a mile.  But in theory it is cool, it shows where you are on the GPS and your pace.

4) Lookout phone app - let's me GPS my phone to see where it is - aka answers the question "did I leave my phone at work, or is it here burried in my purse."  You can also log on online from anywhere and disable your phone if needed ($), or send out a loud siren to help you find it.

5) Zillow - have you ever driven by a house for sale (and of course it is out of the brochures), and thought "I wonder how much that house is?", well Zillow looks at where you are (gps feature), and sees what homes are for sale, and links you to the MLS data.

6) Discount websites like Scoutmob and Sparkquest - no need to buy anything, nor do you have to clip coupons!

7) Mint.com - the app and the website.  I love this site - however, be warned, it is scary.  It helps you track all your finances from all your financial institutions (investments, checking, work 401k, credit card, another credit card), it tracks your spending and sends you an email when you have gone over your budget....scary when you get the email mid-month saying "you are over your budget for groceries..." (EEEK - I will blog on this in the future- my need to buy insane amounts of groceries).

8) Facebook and google+ of course - no need to explain this one!

9) Calorie counter - in theory this is cool. However, of the 200+ days I have had this app, I have only entered my food maybe 5 times.  Standard food diary- but neat barcode scanner, so after I eat a yogurt, I can scan the cup, and it will pop up in to the food diary - pretty snazzy

10) Most importantly, I have lots of phone number of friends and family, most of which I need to call and catch up with.

Do: Use technology to help make life easier
Don't: Be the crazy person always on your phone, scrolling through facebook and not looking up to say hello.

ohh - and I love my flashlight app!

6 comments:

an ATLien said...

i ♥ zillow.

LauraFChiang said...

Oh Gaya- this makes me miss you so much! You should feel special that you have a fan reading your blog in Zimbabwe:)

Ally said...

I am guessing you have an iPhone? What did you think of the Bachelorette last night and the After the Final Rose?

Sara said...

are you doing push-ups on your toes or on your knees? just curious. i'm a knees girl, but i should work towards graduating to the toes (once my sesamoid heals). i'm gonna have to see if i can get this one on my iphone.

oh, and i *totally* need that lookout app!

laura... you should also be reading my blog from zimbabwe. i want africa to pop up in my stats. also, i'm jealous of gaya's comments. ;)

Specs said...

Huh...maybe your phone is better than mine. That or I really haven't investigated the range of iPhone apps.

Gaya said...

@an ATLien - thanks for reading! Zillow is fabulous...I bet realators hate it!
@Laura- we miss you sooo much, can't wait to see you soon. Did you ever read that book?
@Ally- no iPhone for me. I have the droid incredible (which is kinda old now). I like it a lot though! and - of courseeee I watched the final rose. I will be posting on that tonight!
@Sara - totally on my knees. My goal for toes would have been like 3 continuous....one day though!
@Specs - nope, I doubt it is better, I just like scanning the free apps that are ranked highly. I bet droid and iphones share similar apps

Random: I also really love my online banking app with USAA (I can scan my checks in)I also love Astrid tasks - a cool task list with a timer feature.