Monday, January 23

IGA...what!

So in case you have been under a rock for 4 years, the economy stinks. So I am always looking for ways to save some cash. You may have read my past post exploring the discount grocery store of Aldi. Which overall was a nice surprise.  So I got adventurous and decided to check out IGA, another discount grocery store, and see if I was lucky again….I was not.

IGA was very odd, smelled kinda bad, many of the shelves were empty, the produce sparse, I am not even going to comment on the meat department. Overall, I felt the immediate need to run out as quickly as possible. I guess one plus, was there were a few interesting items from other countries, notice the pictures of ghee!

[note- I think I have been in nice IGA’s before, just not this one].









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, IGA is such a terrifying memory to me. When I was a little girl, we went to St George Island ever summer. We always stopped at an IGA on the way to stock up on groceries. One time we parked next to this car and there was a woman in the backseat with the car window down. She looked at my mom and called her a "black-eyed b****!" It was so disturbing and I've never been in one since!!!!!!

Gaya said...

Hilarious - I just laughed out loud! That would be super scary.

Anyone else have any good IGA stories?