Wednesday, July 13

To get a dog, or not to get a dog, that is the question

Ever since October of last year I have been begging Elliot to let me get a dog.  I would love the little sucker sooo much, I just know it! 

Pro's:
- Someone greeting me at the door when I get home from work
- Someone who actually wants to go on a walk/jog with me (I wonder if a dog would be down with my Jeff Galloway running approach?)
- Someone who eats the food I prepare for them (I hope I don't have a picky dog!)

Con's: 
- Animals can be expensive
- My husband does not want one
- I would need to train him/her
- Hard to go do fun things after work

But don't these cute faces make all those con's just wash away?
{Photos from Atlanta Pet Rescue}






Even better than all these cute dogs, are ugly dog. I love ugly dogs
{Photos from ugliestdogs.net}




All dogs need lovin!


9 comments:

Sara said...

why is elliot so bah-humbug about dogs? i could totally see you with one of those cutie-pies!!! (i bet you he'd fall in love with it after you brought it home). ;)

Anonymous said...

I have a dog, and LOVE her. But, there are a couple of points to mention. About your pros: my dog is nearly deaf, so barely greets me at the door. She is also lazy, and refuses to go for a walk with me, let alone a Gallaway walk-run. And, she doesn't like to eat her puppy food. Even with chicken in it. So, pros aren't a guarantee. About the cons: Yep, expensive, and yep, hard to do fun things after work. And on the weekend. And during the holidays. So, make sure you know what you are getting in to should you decide to take the plunge! I do love the doggie kisses though. They are quite nice, even if smelly. Tamara

kate said...

Um, is this the part where I submit my adorable dog photos? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes. Get a dog for yourself. You would be an amazing dog mom! Here's where we got Indy:
http://www.mostlymutts.org/animals/index_ee.php

Susan said...

Get a dog!!!

Gaya said...

@Sara - Elliot is just very practical - booo!
@Tamara - all good points, I can't let Elliot read these though!
@Kate - not yet...keep your eyes posted. also - you ready to be a guest contributor?
@anonymous - thanks for the new website, I will surely start visiting it when I am having a dog craving!
@Susan - thanks for the empowerment...now I just need to convince the hubby!

Jeff and Kathryn said...

You can have our dog! He is so much work, but worth it in the end (I think).

Gaya said...

@Jeff and Kathryn - no thanks! I read your blog post on your pup - that was pretty scary!!

Unknown said...

You NEED a dog! And Oliver needs a cousin!