Thursday, July 7

Flash mob = bucket item check mark

According to Wikipedia, a flash mob is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment and/or satire.

According to this definition, I did not really participate in a flash mob. But I think it was close enough!  So I plan to count it.  I know flash mobs are so 2003, but I just think they are fabulous.  Here are a few pics of successful flash mobs:
{thanks http://teamaltman.com for the pic}

{pic from telegraph.co.uk}

Here was us:

Here is what Elliot said when he saw the video of the flash mob I was in: “that's awesome. I've never seen a flash mob with NO music before. I think this is a new trend!!

Some reasons it was awkward:
1)   Word leaked to a lot of people
2)   It was not super spontaneous
3)   We almost all started at the same time, no build up
4)   We also did not disperse after it ended, we just stood there talking laughing and giving each other high fives
5)   The music was impossible to hear (because of construction and airplane over head and the world's tiniest speaker), so everyone was a little off beat
6)   Because we were dancing in front of our bosses, yes, our bosses, including the Director of CDC, it was extra awkward. I mean, he saw me participate in a flash dance to Beyonce’s Let’s Move song.  Doing the ‘Dougie’ in front of your boss will always be awkward
BUT as you all know – I love awkward!!!!  It was a pretty exciting moment for sure.  Major bucket list item for me!

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1lLJO6oWwM I am in the 3rd row in a turquoise shirt. It takes a while (1-2 minutes) to actually see me!

No comments: